Saturday, January 26, 2019

Sounds Of The Woods

When I looked out of my window, 
I saw an amazing sight !
Roads and houses disappeared, 
There was a bright light !



Our house was in a wood,
I was pretty surprised !
I heard some new sounds,
I listed as many as I could write.

The roaring of the tiger, 
The hissing of the snake.
The splashing of a fish, 
Swimming in a lake

The growling of a bear, 
The clucking of a hen.
The snoring of a lion, 
Sleeping in his den.

Then I heard a different sound telling me to wake up, 
It was my mom telling me to get ready for school, 
The sounds I  heard were in my dream ,
They were so very cool !

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it Keya. Super creative and so genuine... Just like dreams so many of us really have.

    Keep going and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keya,it's lovely.How beautifully you have put into words a sweet dream.Loved every line.....so proud of you beta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So spontaneous and refreshing. And straight from the heart. That's what poetry is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful poem Keya! Well done! Keep it up! Poonam Chadha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Keys. Beautifully written. Wonderful and intelligent rhyming. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete

Sue The Puppy

Once, in Kerala there was a puppy named Alya. Her owners name was Luan, who had a daughter named Miley. Miley was twelve years old - who lo...